Thursday, August 18, 2011

Texas, BBQ, and knives.

I was headed west on I-20 between Shreveport, Louisiana and Dallas, Texas this morning when I decided to stop at a new truck stop at exit 523. Rumor had it that the guy who used to have the knife shop in the TA truck stop in Terrell, TX. had moved over to this new place. Since he has always been fun and informative to talk to, and he puts good edge on my work knife it made sense to check it out. Trouble was they also had a BBQ restaurant there too. Now I do have a weakness to slow smoked Texas style BBQ, so a plate of ribs made it out to the truck. Over the years during our conversations I have mentioned my writing from time to time. Well today he asked where he could find it, so I got a copy of Rambling and signed it for him. My only request was that he keep it on the counter and if people ask that he tell them about it and give them my card. So with some possible good advertising going, a plate of ribs for dinner and a sharp edge on my knife I left and headed west. The name of the truck stop is Dukes Travel Plaza and though the parking is a little tight the food is good and the people are friendly. If you stop by there be sure and say hi, to Jerry Bates at The Knife Shop.
If you are looking for a new indie author who ranks up there with Thor, Flynn, and Clancy check out the new release Hunter by Robert Bidinotto, it is an excellent thrill ride full of secrets and surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment