Wednesday, July 4, 2012

In Congress July 4 1776

When in the course of human events.... These simple words set things in motion that would take the world from outdoor plumbing, horse drawn wagons, and slow communication by courier to what we have today. They unleashed the entrepreneurial spirit so that people could profit from the fruits of their own labors. While we have stumbled and made some very shameful mistakes, we have also fought and died to try and right those same faults. Freedom was what allowed Edison, Ford, Carnegie, Jobs, Gates, and a million others to flourish and take us in a span of just 236 years farther than we had come in the entire history of mankind. I think of all of this every year on Independence Day, and I thank God that I was lucky enough to be born in the United States of America, where I can either succeed or fail according to my own efforts. Since I have recently ventured into the Independent Publishing phenomenon it is even more poignant this year. No longer is my ability to reach an audience for my writing being controlled by a few publishing houses in New York City, but only by my writing talent and marketing efforts. It is with that in mind I will close this post with the final sentence of the Declaration as a way of offering my own affirmation of the principles that we as a Nation have tried to adhere to.   And for the Support of this Declaration, with a firm Reliance on the Protection of DIVINE PROVIDENCE, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honour.

No comments:

Post a Comment