Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve.

The house is quite and it is just getting light in the east. Today is New Years Eve and I think that I am supposed to write something profound. Well nothing profound is trying to get out and find it's way on to the screen. So instead of profound let's try this.
It was 18 years ago tonight that I met the woman I have been married to since 1997. I never drive on New Years Eve or if possible New Years Day. Just too many accidents waiting to happen out there. I happened into a little out of the way bar near the truck stop to have a beer for the New Year. As the saying goes the rest is history.
At the moment I am working on a continuation of the "Shade" story from Rambling and doing some research for a story that will bring back the characters from Christmas on the Mesa only this one deals with a very real program in New Mexico that helps veterans who need it. A good deal of the money will be going to that charity when it comes in. I wrote about it earlier this year. The inside of a man, the outside of a horse.
Well that about does it for 2011. I hope all of you have a wonderful and prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment